We are all born different from each other. Not one person has the same exact built. Therefore, you should keep this in mind when it comes to maintaining your physique or working towards your fitness goals.
We all have different fitness goals. Some want to cut down on some flab, others prefer to bulk up, while some others just want a leaner look. Regardless of what your physical goals are, you must recognize that your body type is one of your main considerations in coming up with a fitness plan.
There’s no one-size-fits-all workout program. Each should be tailor-made according to your genetics. It’s not as simple as a wisdom tooth surgery that could be done to a person of any gender, age, and body type. You need to ditch this kind of thinking because you have your own uniques set of physical needs.
Different Body Types
When it comes to getting fit, you should know your body type. You need to look into individualized training programs or ITPs, and a personalized diet according to your genetics and medical history. There are three main body types that experts use to come up with specialized fitness programs for individuals.
Ectomorphs are characterized by very low body fat and a naturally slender frame. Narrow hips and shoulders, thin arms, smaller bones and joints, faster metabolism. Ectomorphs have a hard time gaining weight despite all the exercise and food intake.
A mesomorph falls somewhere between an ectomorph and an endomorph. These are the ones with a more athletic build, able to gain or lose weight easily. Stronger legs, broader shoulders, narrow waist, and lower body fat are what usually defines mesomorphs.
Endomorphs are the opposite of the ectomorph in the sense that they are rounder and fuller and tend to store more body fat in their bodies. They have a harder time losing pounds and gaining muscle despite all the exercise and regulated food intake.
Take note that these are not set in stone and that you probably fall somewhere in between two types. What’s important is you take acknowledge your uniqueness and work around it.
Simple Workarounds to the Different Body Types
There are specific fitness plans available online for your body type. You just need to make sure that you do your research first and consult with your physician if you’re cleared for a specific fitness program.
- Do more compound workouts and use isolation exercises as finishers.
- Don’t do too much cardio. Get just enough cardio and focus on compounds exercises.
- Boost your protein intake.
- Train like an athlete would and never take your body for granted.
- Time your exercises and try to set personal records.
- Control your food intake and avoid the temptation of eating whatever you like whenever you want.
- Don’t tire yourself out with endless crunches. Focus instead on training intensely.
- Get in a considerable amount of cardio.
- Work on building and strengthening your shoulders.
- Watch your carb intake and drink sports drinks and lots of water.
When it comes to personal fitness, do not take the boxed approach that most people say. It is best to consult an expert for the proper training and diet for your body type for optimum results.